Thursday, October 29, 2009

New

New- of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time; novel: a new concept of the universe.

For the first time in a while I feel new. New in the sense that I do what I want to do now. Everyone must be a leader in their own life. I remember a great quote from a movie which went something like "I've been playing the best friend all my life instead of the main role" which means you are always trying to please everybody but yourself. This quote is from the movie, The Holiday. I find it interesting to relate to the main character- that actress Kate Winslet plays in the movie. She is a woman who is always doing things for others and finds out in the end she does what SHE wants to do. I find this completely exhilarating! I am happy in all aspects of my life right now because as of this year, I have made that decision to play the lead role of my life.

This is a new feeling for me because I feel as though I am starting fresh. My parents can tell I am very happy now, and not that same old response, "oh, everything is good." Now I am very excited to tell my parents what my life is like now, and that I couldn't be happier. How does this feel, "new"? Well, it is really quite simple. It's like that feeling after you shower and you feel completely rejuvenated. As if everything in the world has been wiped clean from your body and soul. When becoming my own person and not conformed to a clique, you look at life differently. Everything seems new.

No comments:

Post a Comment